It's my party and I'll dress how I want to..

Photobucket
It's my birthday today, the big whatever-whatever and to celebrate E.B.F. took me out to a fine French Restaurant in Boston after my eye appointment. Yes, in less than one week I will be able to see without glasses! Oh, the post-op joy!

So for a fine dining experience one needs to of course wear their best gown, and mine is from the 1920's. No lie. When in Fort Collins Colorado I found a fabulous vintage shop called Wear It Again Sam that specialized in vintage hats and clothing from the Edwardian period to the 1930's *swoon*. So I curled my hair, donned my vintage 1920's ball gown and hit the town.

Photobucket
Much to my utter joy, the moment I reached the hostess counter she gushed about my dress and how she too adored the vintage purchase in ones wardrobe. Various stares and multiple compliments accompanied by the awkward smile came my way during my dining experience. Once finished with my fabulous meal, I notified the girls in the hostess both of the shop and web site I found this ensemble and left the establishment to enjoy a Negroni mixed in my birthday honor.

I LOVE my birthday.

No comments: