1940's Floral Swing Dress

1940's Swing Dress
Dress: Make by me, Pattern from Sense and Sensibility as a downloadable PDF
Shoes: Guess
Hair clip: Hot pink double flower from Bad Seeds


You may recognize this little number from my previous post, I also used this pattern to make a red version.

1940's Swing Dress 1940's Swing Dress

This was my first attempt at Sense and Sensibility's 1940's swing dress pattern and it took forever. Half of me wanted to burn the pattern and the other half wanted to struggle through. I can't say the instructions were terribly easy to understand in regards to the bodice/yolk portion. After staring at it on the dummy for weeks angrily I mustered up my google-fu and found some directions from other people who have completed the dress and voila, it all came together just in time for my once a year romantic holiday with my honey to Newport, RI where we attended a rousing polo match.

We picnicked on a three wolf blanket and William donned his "Nantucket Red" slacks for the occasion.

No comments: