1950s Summer Dress

Next project (after not posting anything for a year.) With the unseasonable warm up in Boston I really need to get a start on building up my weather appropriate wardrobe. After a couple winter pieces in January and February I need to change gears so here is the first installment of my 1950's summer dress.

It's a beautiful dress and bolero from Advance pattern no. 4904. When picking a pattern nothing is more important than the fabric and as luck would have it, I have a whole bolt of plaid cotton from the 50's!



So I don't destroy my delicate patterns I start by tracing them and making measurement adjustments from there. I am tall and not many women in the 49's and 50's were 5'9" and this is evident by every waistline being a good inch and a half above my belly button so copying the pattern and adding an inch to the new pattern is perfect for me.

No comments: