Day 2: 1950s Summer Dress

So Saturday was productive but was also stopped by the obligatory trip to the bar for St. Patty's day.

I am not a muslin girl, I have yet to require a vintage pattern be created on muslin before being created on the chosen fabric. A modern pattern I do, my measurements are luckily spot on for the 20s-50s, it's the 21st century that I don't measure up to. So once I got the pattern pinned and cut, I used a transfer paper to mark any darts or required folds from the pattern to the fabric.



Then the fun started. I easily whipped up the bodice and then set to work cutting out the lining which I will have fold into the the upper portion of the dress only. This will be to protect my possibly summer sweaty body from creating unwanted folds in the folds in the dress.



I tried on the bodice before sewing the pieces of the lining together so that I could duplicate any adjustments needed on the fabric portion to the lining. I was able to finish this by the time we needed to head out.



Next, Lining and skirt.

No comments: