Favorite Reds

Lipstick on collar
 Red lipstick is pretty much a staple in my cosmetic arsenal. I can't go without it and I can't be seen without it. I leave little red lips on all glasses and on my dog's head throughout the day. I even got in trouble for my red lips in middle school. An English teacher of mine tried to convince my parents that I was having trouble concentrating because my lipstick was too bright. Yeah, I thought she was full of it too.

 Anyway, I have compiled five of my favorites. These are my "I must buy two, one for the home, one for the purse and then one more in case it get's discontinued" lipsticks.

No. 1: Sephora Lip Stain #01

Sephora Cream Lip Stain #01 Sephora 01
My absolute favorite lipstick at the moment is the Sephora brand cream lipstain. It has staying power and most important, is a matte shade. Top off with a dab of gloss if you are uncomfortable with the dry nature of matte lipstick and still look glamorous.

No. 2: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick #001 by Kate

Rimmel 001
Available in select drugstores is a special line "designed" by Kate Moss. This has to be the most perfect red. It has lasting power, the right amount of blue undertones and is semi moist so you won't feel that your lips are dry as paper.

No. 3: Maybelline #645 Red Revival

Maybelline 645 Red Revival
Another Drugstore gem is made by Maybelline. They created a line broken into Reds, berry, Neutrals and corals (I think these are the categories) and for what it's worth, I love that they did this. this brand is not a lasting wear shade and will transfer to objects and other peoples lips but is a moisture rich cream depth of colour.

No. 4: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick #006 Really Red

Revlon Super Lustrous 006 Really Red Revlon 006
I discovered this lipstick through another review and like anyone who collects reds I ran out and picked it up. It's a good matte red that in my opinion beats the iconic Ruby Woo by MAC.

No. 5: MAC #420 Ruby Woo

MAC 420 Ruby Woo MAC 420
Speaking of Ruby Woo... great matte red! I wore this religiously but over time discovered that it is so matte that it dries out after a few months and will resemble something like chalk so application is difficult and the colour is not as bold.

So there you have it. My personal top 5, now go out and buy yourself some!

No comments: