1938 Frock

Eva Dress, 1938 Frock

 Dress: Made by me, Pattern from Eva Dress 
Shoes: Guess (DSW) 
Necklace: My Grandmother's 
Hair Clip: Made by me 

Finally a warm sunny day in Boston and every spring like day deserves a floral dress. I lurved making this dress. The pattern was purchased from my favorite online shop Eva dress and the fabric was a random rayon find at the local fabric shop. I think I was so excited about this pattern I got the whole shebang completed in one day, and this is including surging on all exposed edges and the belt. I did try to update the pattern (okay, to the 40's) by not including the ruffling and sortening the hem closer to my knee line. 1930's dresses hit mid calf on me and as flattering as I think it is, it does make me look more matronly and I would rather look like i'm going dancing than to a nunnery.

  Eva Dress, 1938 Frock

P.S. Before you mention how cute the shoes are I must say that they are killing my feet.

No comments: