Classic Cars and Classic Girls

This weekend at the Trade Center in Boston was the World of Wheels which is this huge car show. This year I was told there was a pin-up contest being held by the Bombshell Betty's. Hot diggity dog!

 Bombshell Betty Pin-up contestants

Yes, that is me on the far right. I put on one of my custom made by me dresses and sensible heals (should have put on some rocking kicks) grabbed my BF and headed off to motor land.

So terrifying, I discovered that I cannot model against a car and when interviewed on stage, I become even more of a babbling idiot. We are sent on stage to answer 3 questions, easy right?

First Question:
Host: What era describes your fashion and why?
Me: Well that would be the 40's and my influence is my late grandmother... enter the waterworks.

Second Question:
Host: What is your favorite car accessory?
Me: the break!
Host: And why is that
Me: Because I will run into someone without it.

Third Question:
Host: What inspired you to sign up for this contest?
Me: ...By this point I was just babbling and have no idea what I said.

Sad news, I didn't win, good news, I did get Fan Favorite which came with a cash prize and a pink sash! I think Fan Favorite is the nice way of saying "Miss Congeniality" or "Third". Whatever it means it doesn't matter, I had so much fun and the fellow contestants were so great, wish I had a group of girls like this in my circle of friends.

After the jump, gratuitous shots of shiny classic cars!



1935 Cabriolet with rumble seat 1937 Cabriolet Cherry Chevy Bel Air 1950's Classic pickup Homegrown pickup 1932 Ford Roadster interior

No comments: