Robin's Egg Blue

Vintage 50s Rockabilly Dress - McCall's 9712

Dress: made by me, McCalls pattern #9712
Shoes: Nicole Miller, thrifted
Hair FLower: White Lily from Crafty Aple


Stepping into the 50s today for no real reason other than I wanted to wear these shoes.

Vintage 50s Rockabilly Dress - McCall's 9712

There is something about polka dots that makes me go gaga. I flip every time I find a fabric with just the right colour combination of dots to background and this one just jumped into my arms. There is never enough robin's egg blue in a girls closet if you ask me. Anyway, I think I started sewing up this dress the day after I received the pattern (which was an Etsy purchase from My Sweetie Piepie's shop.) My special touch was the all silk lining I added to the skirt.

Vintage 50s Rockabilly Dress - McCall's 9712

No, I didn't create the bolero jacket from the pattern but I intend to when I get the right colour cotton. My thought behind the shrug I designed was due to the necessity of keeping warm in winter with a sleeveless dress. I found this perfect shade of brown wool and lined it with the polka dot cotton of the dress. I thought it was a nice touch even if it makes the shrug a bit stiffer than it would be.

No comments: