My Middy

My 1940s middy

I finally got the guts up to get the Middy which is a hair cut popular in the 1940s. The reason for my nerves? Not one single hair dresser knows what you are talking about when you ask for it. So when I made an appointment at a salon (a la Living Social) I asked for the stylist to research this. Of course the first appointment was postponed a week and when I went on Saturday I found they didn't look it up, but did know I wanted a hair cut that they were not familiar with... again, this is why I asked for it in advance. No problem, I brought the iPad and had the diagram all queued up in case, I was not going to roll over and let them destroy my hair.

I was lucky that my stylist was the owner himself and he did an amazing job, It even looks fabulous when it's unstyled. One thing that I will need is some practice getting used to the layers, but for my first run, I have to say I'm satisfied.

No comments: