Put a birdie on it!

1940's sport dress with shuttlecocks Dress: Vintage 1940’s, bought at Café Society
Shoes: Nicole Miller, Thrifted
Hair clip: Blue Flying bird, from Now Voyager
Necklace: Vintage sparrow pendant, bought at Café Society


1940's sport dress with shuttlecocks

I remember when I found this dress, it was summer, two years ago. I was driving home and passed Café Society on my way. It was customary for me to look in the window every morning and evening to see if there are any new items.

Vintage sparrow pendant Flying bird hair clip from Now Voyager

On this day when I glanced at the mannequin I was not intending to stop in but when I saw that this was in the window I new I had to turn around and try it on. It came with me obviously and so did a pair of silk tap shorts in case a stiff wind was to blow the skirt up (speaking from a lot of experience on this.)

1940's sport dress with shuttlecocks Yes, those are badminton shuttlecocks!

I did make a minor alteration to the dress. Originally it was a crew neck which I find suffocating, so I cut a square neckline instead.

No comments: